Thursday, October 16, 2008

I just had to blog tonight and say that a few weeks ago I was feeling a little sad because my baby is 4, and life is going so fast. Well I am now totally fine! I got to tend my friends 1 year old for the last 2 days while she is out of town and holy cow I forgot how hard it is to have little hands everywhere! Also, I am totally out of the grab a diaper before you leave the house phase! I have to say that he is the perfect child and never cries or anything and we loved having him, I just got a really good dose of reality and I must say I am no longer baby hungry,(not that I could do anything about it if I was). Also poor Sydnee's nose was SO out of joint, this afternoon she looked at me, I was holding Kasen, and she flipped her hair back and said, "I am going to Jamie's house, where there aren't any little kids!" I guess she thinks she's thirty or something? But it was cute and I made sure to give her a little extra time tonight after that dang little kid went home!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I can just hear Sydnee saying that! she is so cute!

Brittney said...

You do forget how hard they are! They are so cute, but allot of work. Especially when you are used to doing your own thing. I can see Syd saying that too. She cracks me up! It's definately a good thing she's the baby of the family.

Kim said...

I love it when something like that happens and you think, what was I thinking!?! If you ever need more perspective, my kids are always free if you need to borrow them!!! Toby was just asking about pumpkin carving. We are up for pretty much anytime except for Saturday (25). Just let us know when you can come down. I would hate to have to buy some pumpkins on a Sunday. haha We can't wait!!!

Karlee said...

It was so fun seeing you guys too! Sorry, I was so out of it at church... I was worried that Tate had escaped somehow because nobody in the nursery knew where he was and Donny had him the whole time. He forgot that he could go to nursery and took him to priesthood with him. I LOVE the Victoria Secret story though! Poor Brandt! I love that you guys get along with Kev and Steph so much! Aren't they fun! I knew you two would hit it off!
I totally know what you mean when you get out of the baby phases... I am just starting to get used to Tate being big and more and more independent everyday. I am so glad I have another one coming before I get to used to it! I don't know how people can spread their kids out lots! Syd is soooo cute! You're lucky too it was just Kasen because he really is a good little guy!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny! This was such a cute post! It's funny how you don't really want any more babies- but it's hard to see your babies grow up! I feel the same way! Luckily, my little Carly won't give up her pacifier and still likes me to occasionally rock her to sleep- so I get my "baby fill" now and again with her! :)